Welcome to our 2020 Dance Recital Information Page!
This page should provide you with ALL the information you need for our upcoming dance recital. If you have any additional questions please see the front desk. We are so excited you will be joining us for our BIGGEST and BEST recital yet. We have so many surprises planned and we are looking forward to celebrating our 25th recital under the direction of Miss Holly.
The recital is a dancer's SUPERBOWL
Every single student is a part of the SVDC family. If you are new or a returning parent please take the time to read this information and make note of all of the important dates.
Class songs to practice, costume pictures, class costume requirements including hair and makeup and more can be found on your parent portal by clicking the button below
Scottish Rite Cathedral
1533 Hamilton Blvd
Allentown, PA 18102
Dress Rehearsal - Thurs. June 11
Twinkle Stars - 5:15 - 6:00
Daddy / Daughter - 6:00
Act I - 6:15
Act II - 7:15
Recital - Sat. June 13, 6:30 pm
Sun. June 14, 1:30 pm
A Few Reminders ...
* When you enter the Scottish Rite Cathedral, follow the signs to the dressing rooms. Twinkle Stars will have their own
dressing room right outside the auditorium. Everyone else will be downstairs.
* For dress rehearsal, Twinkle Stars will be seated in a designated area in the auditorium and one of our backstage crew
will come down for them when it's time to perform. Please make sure you are dressed and seated in the auditorium by
* Please make sure to drop your child off at least 9 numbers before their performance. You can pick up your child after
they dance. We do not have babysitting services backstage as our parent volunteers also want to see the show
after their child dances. Older children are not allowed to hang out in the dressing rooms if they are finished dancing.
* Please make sure to clean up after your dancer in the dressing room. In past years, the Scottish Rite Cathedral loves
having us rent their facilities as they told us we have always been one of the cleanest dance studios!
* Absolutely NO COSTUMES IN THE AUDITORIUM or main lobby. All dancers must be covered up.
* We will be selling flowers and gifts at the lobby desk as well as snacks and drinks.
* No men in the dressing rooms. If you are a dad bringing your child, please see one of our staff and we would be glad
to help you!
As art educators, we feel that it is our responsibility to teach young people the appropriate audience etiquette. This also makes a more enjoyable performance for all audience members. These guidelines make sure our dancers give their best possible performance without distractions.
* Please refrain from talking during dance performances
* Enter and exit only between numbers
* All phones should be turned off or on silent
* All restless or crying infants should be removed from the performance area.
* For the safety of our dancers and integrity of our choreography, no photos or videos are
allowed to be taken.
* Please be kind to our volunteers they are also parents of dancers and just want the best
performance for their children and are helping to make that possible.